Lifted and tightened, safely and effectively
Are you looking for a non-invasive and cost-effective alternative to a traditional facelift? Then, the PDO thread lift could be just what you need.
The PDO thread lift is quickly becoming one of our most popular procedures. Patients love how this nonsurgical treatment can lift the skin and provide beautiful, long lasting results.
Read on to find more about it -and how it can benefit you.
What are PDO Threads?
Polydioxanone, sometimes referred to as PDO, is the name of material that comprises the threads used in a thread lift. PDO threads offer several benefits, such as.:
- The body naturally and gradually absorbs the threads over six to nine months, triggering the body’s natural healing response and stimulating collagen production.
- Polydioxanone is a dissolvable material that’s commonly used in surgical sutures and the threads are made from long chains of polysaccharide or sugar, making them perfectly safe to use.
- These threads provide an instant lift that lasts months and natural-looking results that get better over.
What Are The Benefits Of a PDO Thread Lift ?
So, what benefits can you get from a thread lift? Here are some of the most popular ones:
- Stimulates collagen production from within
- Improves the texture of your skin
- Creates subtle, natural-looking, and long lasting results
- Helps create a lifted and tightened appearance, especially around the jawline and lower face
- Diminishes the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Helps to firm the underlying skin tissue
- Restores or improves natural facial contours
- Lifts and tightens loose, sagging skin
- Improves skin elasticity
What To Expect From Your PDO Thread Lift
A PDO thread lift is a cost-effective and relatively quick procedure with minimal downtime. Unlike a traditional facelift, it is non-invasive and most people can go back to their daily routine right after. It takes less than an hour, and usually involves the following steps:
- After cleansing the area/s of concern, your treatment provider will mark and numb the facial areas where the threads will go.
- Once the marked areas are numb, the treatment provider inserts and passes the thread under the skin’s surface- giving your face an instant lift.
Most patients report feeling a slight pressure and discomfort once the threads are placed, but otherwise, the procedure is largely painless.
Results And Recovery
A PDO thread lift produces an instant lift, but you can see the full results within a month or so, once the new collagen kicks in. This way, the skin will look and feel firmer and smoother and will appear just a little bit more radiant every day for about three months as the threads are absorbed.
It’s possible to experience mild swelling and bruising after the procedure, but these usually subside within a few days. During this time, however, it’s best to avoid touching your face, strenuous exercises, and vigorous facial movements so that you don’t accidentally dislodge or displace the threads.
A PDO thread lift doesn’t just provide instant results but also improves the overall texture and lift
of your skin.
At Allure Aesthetics, our trained providers sit down with each patient in Fayetteville, NC to develop a customized treatment plan for their unique skincare goals and concerns. They’ve carried out countless PDO thread lifts that have resulted in youthful, natural-looking skin safely and effectively.